Petroleum Engineering (field-based oil and gas gathering, treatment, transportation and storage)
Full-time English-taught Bachelor’s program:
Petroleum EngineeringField of study:
21.03.01 Petroleum Engineering.Relevance of the program:
Petroleum Engineering is one of the priority areas of training highly qualified personnel by leading higher education institutions in the system of oil and gas education in Russia, which indicates its high importance and demand.
The Bachelor’s program “Petroleum Engineering” offered by Ufa State Petroleum Technological University (USPTU) is the only Bachelor's program in Russia for training specialists in a wide range of professional activities, including field-based oil and gas gathering, treatment, transportation and storage.
The fact that the program is taught in English allows the professional training of international students who do not speak Russian and increases the graduates’ competitive advantages.Graduates’ possible areas of activity:
- Engineering support of oil and gas gathering, treatment, transportation and storage processes;
- Design, construction, operation and repair of field pipelines, oil and gas field equipment and facilities.
Graduates’ possible occupations: design engineer, lead engineer, project chief engineer, manager, specialist, lead specialist, head of the department.Key possible employers:
- international oil&gas companies,
- research and design institutes,
- field-based oil&gas gathering, treatment, transportation and storage facilities.Key professional courses:
- design and operation of field facilities;
- oil&gas field equipment reliability assurance;
- engineering support for onshore and offshore oil and gas field gathering and treatment;
- basics of Computer Technology for solving oil and gas field issues;
- field pipeline design and operation;
- oil&gas pipeline development, repairing and reconstruction;
- oil&gas transportation and storage.Other information on the program:
- education in English;
- practical orientation;
- training is carried out on the basis of a USPTU Department, established jointly with the national research complex “RN-BashNIPIneft”, affiliated with PJSC Rosneft oil company;
- intellectual growth opportunities, individual approach while training.